Saturday, December 07, 2002

Spent another Friday night at home, watching "Star Trek III the Search for Spock". Yep...I've finally crossed that line into true geekdom. But the good news is - Spock's alive!

In other news, Firefly is finally getting some amazing writing. Where Drew Goddard is my Pop-Culture boyfriend, Cheryl Cain is my new Pop-Culture girlfriend. War Stories was a great epsode! Back in the beginning, I didn't like the pilot of this show...the only reason I stuck with it is the fact that I gave up on Andromeda after a few eps, and apparantly it turned into an awesome show later on. So, I gave Firefly the benefit of the doubt, and it's paid off. Pure Whedon gold. Too bad it sounds like Fox is going to kill it. Do they really think they'll find a more popular show for Friday nights? Dudes...considering the timeslot, Firefly's ratings are off the chart. Continuously putting new shows through the Friday night revolving door is not going to pull in advertisers. But then, I'm not the genius Network Executive that keeps expecting an X-Files 3rd season clone to walk through the door (um, hello? Fox people? X-Files ratings sucked the first year.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home