Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Cree-pee! Went to see the Ring last night with a small group of fright enthusiasts. As the 5 finger shaped bruises on Mikey's leg will attest, it was pretty scary. Had it's humours moments, too, mind you. Like when the big tough macho guy next to you - who has been making fun of you for jumping at every sudden motion and loud noise - squeals like a girl and huddles into the fetal position. And although I looked over at one point to catch Scott and Taryn playing rock-paper-scissors, they couldn't have been all that bored. After all, Taryn insists she'll hate me for a week! I was personally creeped out enough to glance only sideways at my television as I warily passed it by when I got home...and to actually pause a few moments before checking my new phone messages. I'm definitely glad to see the art of the horror flick is back. It's been a while since I've been able to watch honest-to-goodness frightening movies in the theaters. The Others and Signs were also extremely well done, and I can only hope they keep coming. Plot-wise, The Others was actually better, in my opinion, than the Ring. But the startle-tactic certainly has it's place, and...as my seat-neighbours will udoubtedly agree...it's very effective. So keep the thrillers coming, Hollywood!

Apparently, Denny's no longer offers you free food on your birthday. Haven't since 1996. Huh...who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home