Thursday, November 28, 2002

Sometimes, opportunity knocks. Other times, it walks right in, grabs a seat on your couch and helps itself to a cup of tea. This is what happened to me last Friday, and I couldn't be happier. I was calling up the RCMP to find out what practical experience and schooling I would need in order to apply sometime in the future. Before I knew it, I was dropping off my resume. By the time I left, I had an interview set up for the following Monday. Off to the library I went, since I didn't know a thing about typing human DNA (the plan was to learn it before my interview in - oh, 5years). I think it went well, but haven't heard back yet. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I didn't spend my entire weekend cramming for the interview, however. I did manage a short break on Sunday for Mom's birthday lunch (Happy Birthday Mom!), followed by a SnowBall meeting of 3 1/2 hours. I guess I didn't really do any studying at all on Sunday, seeing as I pretty much went straight from the meeting to Mikey's where he made me dinner (and Mmmm! was it good!) then got creamed at Risk. I got a little more cramming time in as Brook blasted me with interview type questions while Mikey finished wiping Chris and Jag off the planet at the Risk game.

The rest of the week has been rather busy, but dull. Mostly getting SnowBall stuff done, and getting ready for another interview with CMMT today (didn't go too bad, but I'm not expecting an offer). Didn't even manage to watch Buffy with anyone, just watched it along, then played the email game with Bree.

Now I'm off to a SotW concert (thanks Dan!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home