Wednesday, November 13, 2002

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Really. Don't read this is you don't want to be Spoiled for Buffy from this past week (12 Nov 8:01pm). Or the episode name of future eps (although I don't think that gives away much).

Wow. I'm finally creeped by the Big Bad again. Not since the Mayor has the Evil actually deserved the capital letter. Drew Goddard is my new pop-culture-boyfriend. By the way, he's also set to write (or, more acurately I suppose, has written) the last episode of the November sweeps "Never Leave Me" airing I think November 26th. Whee! Okay..thoughts on the episode itself. First off, Spike is evil. Unless we were watching the Evil's embodiment as Spike, which I don't think we were, then Spike is capable of harming humans. And since we just heard that Spike sired Holden, then either Spike is evil, or Holden is also in with the Evil and is making us believe that Spike is involved when he actually wasn't (ie Whedon-mind-fuck). In which case, I worry that his very human roomate Xander did not appear in this episode. Is Xander dead? Has he been sired by Spike? Were he and Anya in Vegas? Or were him and Spike together all evening (ew..not like *that*), and so affording the real Spike an alibi for the events that pseudo-Spike committed? Ow. My head hurts. Loved seeing Joyce again, although I could have done without the death cataracts. Nice direction, though. Shocking imagary. Was it really Joyce, or was it the Evil taking on Joyce's image? The delivery was a little callous for Joyce. Will Dawn believe her? If it really was Joyce, is she right about Buffy? If not, will Willow be able to convince Dawn that it wasn't? Will the Scoobs even discuss all this with each other? Willow really has no reason not to tell the others, and the whole secret-keeping leads to disaster has been done before, so let's hope they don't go down that road. Woe for Jonathan. I was hoping he'd get a chance to come 'round this season, but alas, it was not to be. Hey...that's the second recurring character Goddard has killed off this season already. Eep...principal Wood better watch his back! All in all an awesome episode, with more questions than answers, and leaving you with a creepy feeling when it's over. And more than a little worried for Xander.

SPOILERS END.

Here's where I write all about my real life, but there's not much to it. Saw the Ring more than 7 days ago. Still alive. Mikey's housewarmingishthing on Saturday was fun. Spent pretty much the entire day with him and his roommate Brook as he tried (unsuccessfully) to fix my car radio. Guess I'm stuck with CISL650 for good. Sunday went for dinner with some of the old Lab guys..was good seeing them again. That's pretty much where the excitement, such as it is, of my life ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home