Friday, December 13, 2002

Well, they've done it. Fox has decided that Fastlane would do better in the Friday night timeslot than Firefly. 'Cause really...it's the college-aged male demographic you're going to have an easy time convincing to stay home on a Friday night to watch TV. That's a much tougher sell for Sci-Fi geeks with their generally high disposable income and cultish obsessiveness. I can see why you'd make that decision. Morons.

I'll admit I didn't think Firefly was that great when it started. I have an inkling this is because Fox re-tooled the pilot, and changed the episode airdate order. But it has gotten really good, and an original idea is nowadays a scarcity indeed. To think that shows about wanting to marry millionaires, eating bugs and watching a dozen talentless hacks try to break into the music business is what passes for entertainment. I admit to being a slave to pop culture, even more so now that joblessness has kept me around the house a fair bit more, as going out and doing stuff costs money. But if this trend continues, I may very well follow in the footsteps of Grant and swear off television for good. Except for CSI -- I'm still a geek for science as entertainment.

Here's what Joss has to say on the matter. (Firefly, that is. Not CSI)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home