Friday, May 18, 2007

57 days left!

Wow...my wedding is now only 8 weeks away. Eep!

Have managed to avoid most bridezilla moments, except for one brief encounter with a postal employee.

Even when our cake baker failed to show up for a meeting, after we had spent weeks meeting, tasting and looking. Weeks of cakes...and finally we had decided. We arrived, checkbook in hand, photos of ideas in hand. We let him pick the meeting time, David gave up his lunch hour and took a little extra time off work. I managed to hit a lamppost parking and smoosh my pretty little car. But we made it.

And he never showed up.

We left our names at the front counter, who was quite apologetic. We decided that we would still consider him, if his apology and explanation were adequate.

We got neither. Nor did we get a call for a rescheduling.

Instead, we were off again for another few weeks of searching. We have since found a baker who seems both capable and caring. And we are happy.

But I did not lose it on the absentee baker, no I did not. I am very proud of myself, I must say. When anna is in town, however, I will get her to write me one of her patented 'I'm pissed off' letters to the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts. I have been holding off until I found a baker, just in case. But now I have one, and they will feel the wrath of MoH-zilla :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home