Saturday, December 02, 2006

Aspirations

Made the mistake of hitting the arts-and-crafts section of the Central Library yesterday, and I found books on handcrafting for weddings. Yep...now I've decided that my wedding needs the Martha Stewart touch - I want to hand-make everything! Oh, guests needn't worry about trying to smile through burnt scrambled eggs - the food will be catered by someone who knows his way around a kitchen. But there's so much other fun stuff that would have so much more meaning if it's hand made, that I just need to do it! Forget that I work full time. Forget that 3 of my 4 bridesmaids live out of town, and the 4th has two children under age 3 as well as a sister getting married this year. Forget that the groomsmen groomsmaids, while willing to help, have probably never held a glue gun in their lives, and may in fact incur serious injury if handed a rotary fabric-cutter. These are all minor details. Details that will be tucked under a properly folded corner of silver-speckled white satin, with picot-ribbon and rhinestone trim.

My wedding will be one that would make that home-diva-jailbird proud.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 a.m., Blogger Angela said...

Uh oh...

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I'm pretty good with a glue-gun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home