Sunday, May 13, 2007

mistaken indentity

Our travel agent, when telling us of different resorts in Jamaica, mentioned one she suggested we might not like. She noted that Sarah Ferguson and other celebs liked to stay there, but wouldn't elaborate on why we wouldn't like it, just said it was "eccentric".... that she herself loved it, but wouldn't send her clients there unless she knew them really well. Later that afternoon:

David: I wonder why she stays there? It sounds really remote. Maybe she's actually a loner.
Me: Our travel agent? She seems pretty bubbly...
David: No...Sarah Ferguson. She doesn't seem the 'small, remote, eccentric' resort kinda person.
Me: Maybe she likes to get away from the crowds and photographers.
David: Yeah. I wonder what the other guests think of her. I bet they hate the 2am renditions of "my humps".
...
Me: That's Fergie Ferguson.


***********************
Playing my CD, and "Mandy" comes on.
David: Who is this?
Me: Barry Mannilow.
David: Really? I always pictured him to have a much lower voice.
...
Me: That's Barry White.

3 Comments:

At 1:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I have made a mental note on who *not* to pick as my Trivial Pursuit Music Edition partner.

(Speaking of board games, just remembered the failed charades attempts. i.e. "kleptomaniac" is not the same as "narcoleptic". Hee.)

 
At 11:30 p.m., Blogger nance6 said...

Aw, don't be too hard on him. I'm almost as bad...but it is funny

 
At 10:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

owwww, that makes my tummy hurt I laughed so hard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home