Sunday, April 02, 2006

Rio Day 11 - Friday March 3rd

Sorry about the delay. This week has been hectic. This here is the last of my Rio posts...from here on, real-time posting will resume. Interesting events as they happen in my life. Which is infrequent, I'll grant. -B.

Our last day in Rio! Nancy and AJ left early morning to catch a bus to Iguassu Falls. Our plane wasn't until early evening, so we decided to leave our bags at the hostel and wander around Rio one last time. We headed for a little park on the map, but that turned out to be little more than a highway median. Given the uphill climb in 30+ weather, we stuck with it. We lounged a bit, Boy declared himself god to a colony of ants, then we wandered away.



David lords over his populace

Then we went to the beach for a bit, got scammed on a crappy lunch, Boy stalked some more pigeons**, and we left. The flight home was rather uneventful, although by the time we landed, my ankles were swollen to pillow-size. They have since gotten better.

That's it for our trip to Rio. Very fun times. Not as much partying as I expected, but still good times. And no bad stuff happened, much to the shock of my parents, co-workers, friends, priest and god-parents...all of whom expected not to see me back (in fact Jorge at work already had plans for Nancy's and my desks).

**There was a bit of a war between Boy and the pigeons. See, he decided to stalk a pigeon along the boardwalk one day. And by this I mean actually stalk...he tailgated that pigeon a good block. After this, we saw a few of the 'brothers' attempt to close in on Boy for an attack, but every time we spotted them getting close, they would oh-so-casually pretend to be walking past. But we knew better...there was a pigeon-mafia APB out on Boy.

Boy's nemeses

1 Comments:

At 3:08 p.m., Blogger Travelcedric said...

You know, I didn`t even realize that you and David had gone to Rio. *sigh* Must be that senses deprivation chamber known as Abbotsford that I live in.

Glad you had fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home