Saturday, March 18, 2006

Rio Day 9 - Wednesday March 1st

Zoo day! Or so we thought. Worried about the possibility of places being closed on Ash Wednesday, we specifically asked 2 or 3 people whether the zoo was open today. Yes! they all said...it opens at 8am! We decide to go a little later, figuring that most places wouldn't open until noon today.

Out we bus to the zoo. Get off where the bus man tells us. Walk through highway traffic as we try to decifer the road signs that all lead to each other, no zoo in sight. Finally we get there...and the zoo is closed. Open 9am-5pm most days, but closed today. Not really unexpected, I suppose.

I figured that we had to do something at this end of the bus ride before heading back, however, to make the busride worthwhile. Walking around was out of the question, as David was still slightly lobster-like, and I still had blisters on the bottom of my feet...plus, walking on my feet funny in bad shoes had also done a number on my ankles, which were by now the size of my upper calf.

We wandered over to a little park and found a very small river with a man renting canoes by the half hour. So...we rented a canoe and went up and down the teeny tiny little river.

Me, paddling.

Photos of Jang and David wouldn't upload properly, but all my Brazil photos can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home