Monday, March 06, 2006

Rio Day 2 - February 22

Tourist trap day! We went up Corcovado mountain to see Cristo Redentor (the Big Jesus). Awesome view of the city from there, with many panoramics ensueing. Also, that is a REALLY big Jesus statue.

David poses by Cristo Redentor

In the evening, on our way to dinner, we stopped to watch a Capoeira show at the side of the road. I managed to get singled out for audience participation and one of the dudes jumped - and I'm not making this up - over my head. Keep in mind that I am apx 5'11" tall, was wearing 3" heels and this was done on cobblestone, with no landing mat. The man did a backflip over my head. Seriously cool (and boy...you should have seen his abs! :) Sadly, I did not have my camera with me so I will have to wait for Nancy and AJ to return from touring the rest of S.America in order to get copies of their photos.

Later that same evening, after dinner and perhaps too many drinks, we went for a walk along the beach front. There was a little stalking of the boys by a rather aggressive prostitute, but nothing overly serious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home