Sunday, August 08, 2004

An Update

So, apparently, if my excuse for not updating my blog in the past was always that I was boring and did nothing, then it seems I'm expected to post when I'm actually active and doing stuff. Or so I'm told.

So, here I am to update you all on the goings-on of my life over the past month or so. Pictures of most of these events are available on my new gallery (see previous post).

July 1 - Annual Canada Day picnic at Spanish Banks. A pretty good turnout again this year, and really nice whether. And, as usual, good food.

July 17 - Grant and Janna's wedding reception. A nice affair in Janna's parents' backyard....got to see some folks I only see on rare occasions (like Grant and Janna...but also Chris and Mikey, Shawn and Ward). Followed by Salsa dancing at the Hot Jazz Club. Boy and I were joined by Mandy & Kelly and Dave & Nic.

July 24th - Charlene's wedding at Ruby Lake on the Sunshine Coast. Went up for the weekend, and it was really nice, if a touch on the hot side! Got to do some golfing with the Boy's aunt and uncle, and despite my horrible abilities, they were very tolerant. The cermemony was beautiful, and the reception was much fun (up until Boy spilled red wine on the groom's linen suit. Oy vey!)

July 28th - Fireworks. We headed down to watch China's fireworks show from Vanier Park. Pretty good.

July 29 - Aug 3rd - Visit Mellie in San Fran. Loads of fun, even if I was only there for a weekend. Many trips to the bars (the Gender Illusionist Cabaret Lip-Sync was by far my favourite), sightseeing, and shopping. Good times!

Aug 4 & 7 - More Fireworks. Boom Boom, pretty lights. Nice and relaxing night.



Coming up this month: Splashdown, Kristen's wedding, Bard on the Beach and Cabin Trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home