Tuesday, August 10, 2004

There's a muscle there?

Wow...it's been so long since I was last at the gym. Like long. Let's just say that in the past two years, the times I've actually been numbers in the single digits. Er, the single digit. Like, the number "1".

Anyhoo, went back today (yep...it's still there!). I had forgotten that I actually like working out, despite have come to hate going to the gym. I think the trick is to go in the evening...there's almost noone there! Even fewer than there used to be at 10am or 2pm, the other times I would frequent, back in the day.

I think it's mostly the effort of getting to the gym that I hate. The workout, not so bad. Well, mind you, I studiously ignored the stairmasters today, opting to lift weights instead. The idea of running in place, climbing to nowhere, or cycling perpetually in place...it just seems so demoralizing. Maybe that's what I dislike so much about gyms. Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home