Sunday, October 23, 2005

Car-riffic

Somebody already dinged my door! 6 days, I've owned that car. 6!!!

So here I am Saturday morning, needing to park downtown. Iffy about parkades in the first place, I park in the least busy area...next to something that looked expensive enough that they'd be careful. Unfortunately, someone else parked on passanger side.

I knew the first ding would hurt. But I hoping to at least have it a week before the first one.

Oh well.

So about my car: it's a brand-new Chevy Optra in Khaki green. I deicded that I had finally put off looking long enough, so me and Dad went out last weekend to the Richmond Auto Mall to have a look-see, just to see what's out there. I was a little afraid of the salesmen (the Nissan one was the worst! Smooz-o-rama! First...I don't believe you actually *like* BBQ'd sardines. Second, I do not believe you actually thought I was 19).

On the way home we stopped at a dealership near my house to see if they had anything different. Salesman shows me some cars, then off-handedly mentions this '04 in the corner. I look, not bad. Then he opens it, I look inside. I take a test drive. And I come back and put an offer in the next morning. :) Other than the Nissan man, a fairly painless experience all around.

The dude I ended up buying from was polar opposite to Nissan-man...I had to ask him twice for his card, and he suggested I offer *really* low, since the manager was likely to take anything. Mayhap he's not on commission? Or maybe it's the laid-back Portuguese attitude (which I figured out looking at his finally-handed-over card, and seeing my own last name). Well, whatever his strategy, it seems to work. I saw him close 3 or 4 deals.

So now I have a car. With a small paint-ding in the passanger door :(

I will load a photo as soon as I get around to taking one!

1 Comments:

At 1:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're 21 right? His guess was pretty close. -Ian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home