Wednesday, December 22, 2004

3 days to Christmas

Went downtown today to keep the sister company while she bought, as it turns out, facial soap. So we're walking by the skytrain, and we hear a busker singing "Stand by me". Think nothing of it...buskers singing warbly at skytrain stops is not exactly a rare sight along Granville street.

20 minutes later, we're headed back to the skytrain. Again, we hear "Stand by Me", being warbled by the same busker. At no point do we hear him stray from the chorus. Just "Stand by me...ooh, stand by me. Oh, stand. Stand by me. Stand by me..." We theorize that in all liklihood, this is the only song he knows, and repeats it all day.

"Aaaaannnddd......................Stand, by me...ooh, stand....."

So, should you hear tales later today of a hot dog vender gone mad, perhaps acting violently towards a peaceful busker just singing away at a skytrain station, now you'll know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home