Monday, May 19, 2003

(Bree...this started off as a comment to your post, but it got long and unruly so I figured I'd just post it on my own site)

I'd have to agree on the Angel front. I quite liked how they handled the Conner sitch, even if it was a bit trite. What I love is that W&H have been the 'bad guys' since episode one, and are still kicking. Too bad they got rid of all the best from there, though. First Lindsdey, then Gavin, now Lilah. Sad.

As for Buffy, I'm just not impressed with the final Big Bad. Not nearly as scary as the Mayor, or the Master. Even the Initiative was creepier. The First I find kind of dull, not really impressive enough for a series finale. Creepy Preacher? Too thrown in at the last minute for me to care much. Maybe I'd like this villain more if they had linked it better with the First that appeared in Amends, or if they had periodically referred back to that in previous seasons. As it stands, it feels somewhat thrown together.

The last fight scene was badly directed, which disappointed me, although I think I might forgive that in light of the excellent acting by Tom and Emma in the hospital scene. The scene between Xander and Dawn in the car was also very well done, although two excellent scenes is not really enough for an entire episode. Kennedy is still alive, unfortunately, and still acting like an idiot.

Oh...and Angel? Cordy's still alive, ya mook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home