Thursday, September 26, 2002

Okay...so it seems that lately everyone's gone all "Doogie Howser meets Captain Kirk". All of a sudden, digital diaries are in. My friends are doing it. Strangers are doing it. There's even a ferret keeping a public journal. Who am I to buck a trend? Besides, given my prediliction of late to hide from society (they train us well in grad school) it seems like an efficient enough way to keep my friends updated with the goings-on of my own little world. The nice part about living in your own little world is that you get to be king. Or queen. Or supreme dictator...whatever's your poison.

After much fiddling and fighting, I've discovered that Shaw neither allows .cgi scripts nor does it allow ftp access from a non-shaw computer. In other words, I can't post my ramblings on the webspace I'm paying for, and must instead put it here, on a free, ad-supported host. OK...I get the whole .cgi files could blow up the server thing (well, kinda)...but why can't I upload to my site through another computer? Are all non-shaw users in league with Beelzebub? I don't get it.

On to happier topics, I've finally gotten my thesis ready for my committee. After a brief Kinko's run (I don't think my inkjet printer would appreciate printing 276 pages for me) I'll be dropping that off tommorrow. Then I'll be free to fret about the inevitible horror that will be my defence. Ulp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home